We want you to get the most from your visits to us, to really relax and allow yourself time. As well as ensuring that the therapy rooms are cosy and comfortable we want you to be assured that our therapy team is made up of highly skilled, qualified and experienced practitioners. The Trust has always set high standards, and after a comprehensive recruitment procedure will only recruit therapists we believe understand the aims and objectives of the Trust and will be able to support you professionally with sensitivity and care. Just having a certificate isn't enough.
All of our therapists belong to professional bodies relating to their particular therapy. Not only will they have completed a recognised course, they will also have to undertake yearly study to keep their professional status and maintain their insurance. Each professional body sets out a code of conduct and each therapist will work to and be accountable to these. Any one interested in volunteering as a therapist will need to meet the same high standards and go through a recruitment process.
Our Therapist's Pledge
The Therapists working within the Sara Lee Trust pledge to:
- Use their knowledge and experience in the best interest of each and every patient referred to them.
- Work closely with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and any other persons who may be involved permanently or from time to time in the treatment and wellbeing of individual patients in their care.
- Apply their therapies in harmony with the patientís wishes and aspirations.
- In conjunction with other practitioners seek to provide a truly holistic approach to supporting every patient by choosing the therapy most likely to improve well being on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels.
- Respect the trust put in them by patients and treat with confidentiality any information imparted to them by patients in the context of their professional relationship with individual patients.
- Ensure they follow recent research and keep their knowledge up to date by undertaking study as appropriate.
- Promote the development of best practices in the use of complementary therapies for patients who use our services.
- Be guided by the codes of practice of their respective professional bodies in delivering all the above.